Alternative Book Cover


I had all sorts of visions in my head. But the sad part is that I am challenged when it comes to technology. I know what I know and what I don't know well, you can tell. I'm blaming all of my shortcomings on the flu. Yes, the illness, the flu. 

After three days of trying to figure out how I was going to use my limited knowledge and skill set to do this. This is what I came up with. My alternate book cover. 

My inspiration came from two books that I am obsessed with Ninth Ward by Jewel Parker Rhodes and The Land of Stories, The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer. 

I tried to take the magic book cover. But I can't escape the alchemy,  this book is about a girl that sees dead people. Specifically, her dead mother in the midst of Hurricane Katrina. 



I tried to take the magic out of the book cover. But I can't escape the alchemy,  this book is about a girl that sees dead people. Specifically, her dead mother in the midst of Hurricane Katrina.

While The Land of Stories is a fairytale magical experience that takes the reader into the fairytale world- literally.



Here is the real cover for The Land of Stories. This is book one of a five book series. Did I mention that I was obsessed with this book.








Comments

Popular Posts